Requesting Reciprocity from another law school’s Career Services Office
Interested in more out-of-town job postings and networking opportunities? If you are a current student or an alumnus of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, you may submit a request to the Pitt Law Career Services Office to request reciprocity from another law school’s Career Services Office. The grant of reciprocity and the services that will be available will depend upon the policy of the law school granting reciprocity. Before submitting a reciprocity request, students/graduates are required to research the reciprocity policies of the law schools they are seeking reciprocity from to determine the availability and duration of reciprocity, any specific limitations (e.g., certain metropolitan areas only permit reciprocity at one law school in the city), and the services provided. Reciprocity policies are generally available for review on the Career Services section of law school websites or see NALP's listing. We recommend that you contact the appropriate school to confirm current policies.
If you would like to request reciprocity, please email Jacki Herzog (email@example.com) with the name(s) of the law school(s) you are requesting reciprocity from (maximum number of reciprocity requests is 3), along with your full name, email, street address and class year.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law Reciprocity Policy
The University of Pittsburgh School of Law Career Services Office will provide reasonable access to resources for alumni and students of law schools outside the Pittsburgh area on the following terms:
- Services are available to students and graduates in good standing of ABA accredited law schools that allow University of Pittsburgh Law School students and/or graduates to use their facilities.
- All requests for services should be mailed, faxed or emailed in a letter by the Career Services Office in advance of the student's/graduate's visit to: Jacki Herzog, Director of Employer Recruitment, 3900 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org: Fax: 412-624-4843.
- The services will be available to a student/graduate for a period of six months beginning with the date of the initial request. Extensions beyond the six-month time frame must also be requested through the above means. The visiting student/graduate must bring a copy of our letter granting reciprocity privileges in order to use available resources.
- Requests for reciprocity will not be honored during the fall recruiting season, which runs from August 15th through November 30th.
- Reciprocity privileges include access to the Job Binders and the Career Services Office Resource Center and library.
- On-campus interviewing, submitting resumes for blind job postings, and counseling are services not provided under reciprocity privileges.
- The office is available for reciprocity services from Monday - Friday between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. If you have any questions or require more information, please call the Career Services Office at (412) 648-1411.
Intercollegiate Job Bank
Pitt Law participates in the alumni "Intercollegiate Job Bank" maintained by Brigham Young University Law School. The Intercollegiate Job Bank contains the alumni job postings from a large number of law schools throughout the country. If you would like to receive the username and password that will permit you to view the postings in the BYU Intercollegiate Job Bank this information is available on the Pitt Law Symplicity homepage. The web address of the Intercollegiate Job Bank is https://www.law2.byu.edu/Career_Services/jobbank.