William C. Price
Adjunct Professor of Law
Mr. Price is a Partner at Thorp Reed & Armstrong, LLP and a member of the firm's Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Group. Mr. Price focuses his practice on bankruptcy, insolvency, and creditors' rights. He has a wide range of experience representing corporate debtors, lenders, trade creditors and court-appointed committees in chapter 11 bankruptcy cases. In addition, Mr. Price represents clients each year in bankruptcy litigation matters involving fraudulent transfers, “preferential” transfers, fraud actions, director and officer liability cases and breach of fiduciary duty cases.
Mr. Price has been selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition, 2010 and 2011.
- "Protecting the Creditor's Rights During Bankruptcy," National Business Institute, December 2010.
- "Valuing Assets in Chapter 11 Cases - Methodologies and Strategies in Reorganizations and Liquidations," Pennsylvania Bar Institute 15th Annual Bankruptcy Institute, September 2010.
- "In-Depth Title Insurance Principles - Impact of Bankruptcy on Real Estate and Title Insurance," National Business Institute, June 2009.
- "Representing Commercial Landlords in Bankruptcy," Bankruptcy Law Mountaineer Series 2008, December 2008.
- "The 2007 Amendments to the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure: An Overview for the Bankruptcy Practitioner," Bankruptcy Law Mountaineer Series 2008, December 2008.
- "The Collision of the Automotive and Plastics Industries with the Bankruptcy Courts," Allegheny County Bar Association, November 2008.
- "A Roadmap for Representing Commercial Landlords in Bankruptcy," Allegheny County Bar Association, November 2007.
- "A Primer on Bankruptcy Law," Allegheny County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, September 2007.
- "BAPCPA - An Overview of the Modifications to the Bankruptcy Code," Allegheny County Bar Association, November 2005.
SSRN Author Page
Selected Professional Activities
- President, Board of Trustees, The Early Learning Institute
- Vice President – PR and Publicity, Turnaround Management Association – Pittsburgh Chapter
- Vice-Chair, Allegheny County Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section Council
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Standing Committee on the Local Rules for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Bar / Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit