Invitation for Graduate Poster Session Participants at Society of Environmental Journalists National Conference
Pitt graduate students are invited to present their research at the opening event for the Society of Environmental Journalists’ invited poster session for their Welcome Plenary on Wednesday, October 4 from 5:00-8:00 pm at the August Wilson Center, downtown. This is an opportunity for students to discuss their research with more than 200 journalists from around the world.
To participate, complete the sejposter survey.
Research topics for example can include:
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Climate Change
- Environmental Justice
- Environmental Law
- Life cycle assessment
- Materials and Design
- Unconventional and renewable resources
- Public Health
- Social Justice
- Social Work
Additionally, students are welcome to stay for the opening plenary, “Tipping the Scales of Environmental Justice” with the following speakers:
- Mustafa Ali, Senior Vice President of Climate, Environmental Justice and Community Revitalization, Hip Hop Caucus and former Chief Environmental Justice Official, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Mayor John Fetterman, Braddock, Pa.
- Winona LaDuke, Executive Director, Honor the Earth
- Deidre Sanders, Industry Environmental Justice & Policy Expert, Pacific Gas and Electric Company