Ethical Issues in Pain Management
“Pain Relief as a Human Rights Issue”
Kathleen M. Foley, MD
Attending Neurologist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Professor, Weill Cornell Medical College
Other Lectures and Panels:
- What is pain?
- Spirituality as a resource for dealing with pain
- Patients communication about pain and the doctor’s response
- Use of nontraditional pain management treatment
- Mental illness and physical pain
- Balancing treatment and pain and addiction
- Case scenarios related to dealing with difficult patients
- Legal issues in prescribing pain medication
- Treatment of pain in infants and children
- Prescription drug monitoring programs
Who should attend: Health care professionals, clergy, lawyers, community members, and students.
Continuing education credit will be offered for law, social work, and nursing. This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM. The University of Pittsburgh is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution.