Center for International Legal Education
Programs/Opportunities for JD Students
- International & Comparative Law Certificate
- International Internships
- International Law Careers
- International Moots
- Languages for Lawyers
- Scholarships & Competitions
- Study Abroad
- UCIS Area Studies Certificate
Programs for Foreign Lawyers
- CILE Events – View the calendar of events.
- CILE Publications – Check out CILE’s publications and read about students’ and alumni’s international experiences in the CILE Notes newsletter.
- Support CILE – Help CILE advance legal education at Pitt Law and around the world.
- Languages for Lawyers Program – Basic legal vocabulary and grammatical structures in the target language. CLE credit offered.
The Center for International Legal Education (CILE) at Pitt Law exists to advance legal education and the rule of law, both at the School and throughout the world. CILE programs are designed to benefit JD students at Pitt Law, foreign students enrolled in the LLM and SJD programs, and external constituencies. These programs benefit our students by responding to personal academic and career goals and providing opportunities that help each student achieve his or her goals. CILE programs offer Pitt Law students exposure to the world of international and comparative law in settings that help develop the necessary competence to become a global lawyer.
CILE programs also bring students to Pitt Law from around the world to educate them in comparative legal systems, develop relationships, and create diversity in understanding of the rule of law. CILE programs reach out to countries in transition, providing training and a focus on legal education as core to a functioning legal system that is necessary to the rule of law, and trains those who will educate future generations of lawyers in those transition countries. Without lawyers there cannot be rule of law, and without good legal education there cannot be the type of lawyers who will help establish and sustain the rule of law.
In this Section
CILE offers opportunities for JD students to experience many facets of international law including moots, study abroad options, and academic certificate offerings.
Discover Pitt Law's Master of Laws (LL.M.), Doctor of Juridical Science (S.J.D.) , and Visiting Scholars' program.
CILE hosts a myriad of academic events, publishes pieces on student and alumni international experiences, and offers foreign language for lawyers programs.