MSL Concentration: Energy Law
Pitt Law offers its Master of Studies in Law students the opportunity for specialization in more than 20 concentrations or a customizable self-designed concentration on a select basis. The following are the courses that comprise the Energy Law concentration.
- 5038 Energy Law and Regulation (F) (3 cr)
- 5340 Environmental Law & Practice (S) (4 cr)
- 2814 Introduction to Law & Legal Reasoning (F) (3 cr)
- 5028 Torts (F) (4 cr)
Other Courses: (Choose at least two)
- 5082 Climate Change and the Law (S) (2 cr)
- 5336 Land Use (F) (3 cr)
- 5099 Oil & Gas Law (F) (2 cr)
- 5143 Water and Shale Gas Development (F) (1 cr)
(F) = Course offered in the Fall
(S) = Course offered in the Spring
Some of the courses listed may not be available certain semesters. This listing of courses and requirements is subject to change. In addition to the courses in the concentrations, students are permitted to take electives outside of their concentration as well.